For most of us, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the “unofficial” start to the holiday shopping season. This year, let’s make Giving Tuesday the official start to the giving season!
On November 27, we’re joining a national day of generosity – #GivingTuesday. It’s a day when you can make a big impact on the Junior League of Lynchburg and the work we do in the community.
How can you be a part of it? Here are some ideas:
- Facebook is matching donations made to nonprofits on #GivingTuesday. You can donate to the League on our Facebook page by clicking here and clicking the ‘Donate’ button at the top of the page. You can also create a fundraiser benefiting the League on Facebook by clicking here.
- Consider making an online gift through PayPal on #GivingTuesday by clicking here.
- Call or text your name, donation amount and contact number to 434-238-2457 and a Junior League member will contact you to follow up.
Examples of what your donations will support:
- $2000 covers event fees for All Aboard
- $1000 covers costs for the Little Black Dress Initiative
- $500 pays six months of utility bills at the JLL office
- $300 provides supplies for one Community Partner project
- $110 sponsors a year of membership fees for one member
- $50 sends one member to the annual state conference
Please consider supporting the Junior League of Lynchburg this Giving Tuesday as we continue to build women leaders and a stronger community.