How does LBDI impact our community?
Funds raised are funneled directly back into services that help support women in our community affected by these situations. Last year we raised $6559 for the YWCA of Central Virginia to support their Domestic Violence Prevention Center and SARP.
This year, our goal is to raise $10,000 for the YWCA to support their Economic Empowerment Program through the Allstate Foundation, Domestic Violence Prevention Center, and the Sexual Assault Response Program.
How do I participate?
- Become a participant: you don’t have to be a member of the JLL, we welcome anyone who wants to join us! Click here to sign up.
- Donate: to give online, please click here and select the member whose fundraiser you would like to donate through. Please note, there is a platform fee of 6.8% and credit card fee of 2.7%. You can also give donations directly to a participant, or you can mail them to the JLL office (PO Box 2751, Lynchburg, VA 24505). Please make sure to note the participant you are supporting on your check for tracking purposes.
- Spread the word on social media leading up to and during the campaign by sharing your fundraising page and by using the hashtag #LBDIJLL2017. Keep an eye on the JLL Facebook page for posts you can share on your profile.
- Eat! We are partnering with one area restaurant each day from October 7-13th who have each graciously agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds in support of LBDI. Click the links below for more info. Help us support these restaurants who are generously supporting our efforts!
10/7: Dish (https://www.facebook.com/
10/8: Chipotle – Wards Rd. (https://www.facebook.com/
10/9: Texas Roadhouse (https://www.facebook.com/
10/10: Crisp (https://www.facebook.com/
10/11: Jimmy’s on the James (https://www.facebook.com/
10/12: Blaze Pizza (https://www.facebook.com/
10/13: Mister Goodies – Boonsboro (https://www.facebook.com/
- 10/5: Gladiola Girls Kick-Off Shopping Event from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. A selection of LBDs will be for sale for $49 and
under and themed hors d’oeuvres/beverages will be provided by Isabella’s Italian Trattoria.
- 10/7: Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk. Participants will be wearing little black dresses while completing
the walk together. For current members, this is an approved CPR – click here to sign up.
- 10/15: Wrap-Up Party at Frolic by Celebration from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm. A fashion show and light refreshments we be
provided as we review our final fundraising numbers. Raffle and door prizes are also in store!
Have a question or need to contact us? Feel free to email the LBDI committee at email@example.com!