Little Black Dress Initiative : Faces of Distress
|The Little Black Dress Initiative (LBDI) is a fundraising campaign that aims to bring awareness to women facing distress, whether it be poverty, violence, or inequality. It exemplifies the Junior League of Lynchburg’s mission to empower women in the community. Participants wear one black dress, or other black attire, for the week of October 10-14 to highlight the effect distressful situations can have on a woman’s access to resources, confidence, and opportunities.
How will LBDI impact our community?
Funds raised from the campaign will be given to the YWCA of Central Virginia to support their Domestic Violence Prevention Center and Sexual Assault Response Program.
How do I participate?
- There are several ways to donate. To give online, simply click the ‘Donate Now‘ button to the right and select a participant. Please note, there is a platform fee of 6.8% and credit card fee of 2.7%. You can also give donations directly to any participant, or you can mail them to the JLL office (PO Box 2751, Lynchburg, VA 24505). Please make sure to note the participant you are supporting on your check for tracking purposes.
- If you’d like to raise money for the LBDI yourself, we would love for you to join us! This fundraiser is open to everyone – not just JLL members – and costs nothing to participate. Click here to view the information packet to learn more. Make sure to attend the Kickoff party (see below) to receive your LBDI button to wear each of the five days, as well as cards to give out. To sign up as a participant, click here.
- Spread the word on social media leading up to and during the campaign by sharing your fundraising page and by using the hashtag #LittleBlackDressJLL. Keep an eye on the JLL Facebook page for posts you can share on your profile.
Dates to Remember
- October 3 from 5:00-7:00pm: Kickoff party at Charley’s Restaurant (707 Graves Mill Rd.).
- October 10-14: LBDI week!
- October 18, 6:00pm: LBDress Fest at The Corner at Rivermont (2496 Rivermont Ave.). Dutch treat. Total amount raised will be announced and door prizes will be given. Please click here to RSVP.
In Kind Sponsors
Thanks so much to our in-kind sponsors for helping make this a successful event!
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Charley’s Restaurant
- Corn Cob Custom
- The Corner at Rivermont
- Tiana Garland, independent consultant for LuLaRoe
- Gladiola Girls
- Suzanne Malone, independent consultant for Monat/Thirty-One
- The Quiet Room
- Crystal Pannell, independent consultant for Mary Kay
- RidgeView Dermatology
- Salon Virtue
- Elizabeth Snider, independent consultant for viaONEHOPE
- Texas Roadhouse
Have a question or need to contact us? Feel free to email the LBDI committee at firstname.lastname@example.org!
|Little Black Dress Initiative: Faces of Distress on Crowdrise